I need to give you examples so you realize how crazy this is for me. I compare not only what other girls my age look like, but their weight, their legs, their hair, what they wear, their husbands, their life. I want you to understand I don't do it because I want to be better then them. I don't dislike some one if they are prettier, skinnier, more fashionable...etc, etc, etc. But I kind of beat myself up over it. Like why can't I be like that? Is it just me?
My new goal for myself is stop! stop! stop! Stop comparing not just me but my family. Thanks for the inspiration Elder Uchtdorf. "Don't compare your weaknesses to other peoples strengths." I need to be happy NOW, which I am don't get me wrong I'm very happy but I think if I stopped comparing I could be EVEN happier.
So true. Don't worry, I catch myself doing the same thing all the time. It's hard not to. But if it's worth anything, I think you're awesome! And I think we should hang out more :)
ReplyDelete-Rachel
Honestly, that's pretty funny to me because every time I go to the gym I think about the time I saw you there and you cranked the incline up all the way and kept going for a least an hour. I guess I need to quit comparing myself to you! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute!!
ReplyDeleteI do this basically over peoples income. Like I wish and hope someday Nate and I will feel like we make a good amount of money, but on a teachers salary and a sub salary... doubtful LOL. I think it is natural to compare, but the less you compare yourself to others, the more you will be happy and content with your life. Trust me, since ALL my friends had a baby I compare my lame life to their super cute baby and it wasn't healthy for me. Just try to focus on YOU and YOUR life b/c truthfully it is good enough AND you may not realize it but MANY PEOPLE wish they had your life, your adorable daughter, your body, your fashion, etc. Love you Brenda!
good for you brenda! live in the moment!
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing! It makes life so hard! I am def going to live in the moment as well!
ReplyDeletei'm pretty sure that all women do the same thing. I totally do that too!! But just realize that you have an amazing life cuz i have thought before- dang i wish i was B. So don't feel bad cuz everyone does it. One day i want to have a cute baby like you. :)
ReplyDeleteyou blog!! i ♥ this! so cute! and this post was awesome, no you are not the only one who compares...
ReplyDelete