Is it just me, or do you get caught up in the day to day life and sometimes take for granted your own life? Then out of NO WHERE you hear a story or some one you know goes through something difficult and you stop and think about how grateful you are for your own blessings. I have had a couple of those situations this week that make me stop and hug my husband a little longer, and give Evelyn even more .(if that is even possible)
I don't mean to sound like I am bragging but I have exactly what I want in life (okay, okay, not EVERYTHING but everything that is important). I have a loving, understanding husband, a beautiful daughter who was not difficult to get here, the gospel which centers my life, and we are poor, but we have everything I need.
I am guilty of taking things for granted and not appreciating my life as much as I should. Tender mercies today are taking naps with Evelyn, Jeff's text messages while he is working, the beautiful weather, and finally my testimony.
you're so awesome! and i completely know what you mean! it's nice to sit back and remember all that we have been blessed with!
ReplyDeleteYepp... sometimes we need to count out blessings, instead of count what we do not have...
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blogs, and i am happy your life is so blessed!!! :) Sounds like you have an awesome husband, as do i... ;)